Six weeks ago, WinStar Farm looked as though it would be without a starter in the upcoming Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). Now, the powerful outfit could have three, the final potential starter coming thanks to a eye-catching, last-to-first victory by Advice in the $300,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) April 18 on the Keeneland Polytrack.
Based on the company he had been keeping, it was going to be difficult to deny favored Diamond Stripes in the $500,000 Meadowlands Breeders' Cup (gr. II). Magna Graduate did everything he could in a stretch-long duel with the 11-10 choice, but came up a half-length short the night of Oct. 5 in New Jersey.
Samuel H. Rogers Jr.'s Changing World took charge at the break and was never headed in winning the $200,000 Violet Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Meadowlands on Friday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field