Jockey Samuel Camacho, Jr., who lost his status as an apprentice only this past May, will be out of action for an extended period of time after breaking his leg in a training mishap at Monmouth Park Aug. 15.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and apprentice rider Samuel Camacho Jr. were released from North Shore University Hospital on the evening of March 18 after being transported following a spill earlier in the day at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid