Jockey Samuel Camacho, Jr., who lost his status as an apprentice only this past May, will be out of action for an extended period of time after breaking his leg in a training mishap at Monmouth Park Aug. 15.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and apprentice rider Samuel Camacho Jr. were released from North Shore University Hospital on the evening of March 18 after being transported following a spill earlier in the day at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus