Jockey Samuel Camacho, Jr., who lost his status as an apprentice only this past May, will be out of action for an extended period of time after breaking his leg in a training mishap at Monmouth Park Aug. 15.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and apprentice rider Samuel Camacho Jr. were released from North Shore University Hospital on the evening of March 18 after being transported following a spill earlier in the day at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration