Jockey Samuel Camacho, Jr., who lost his status as an apprentice only this past May, will be out of action for an extended period of time after breaking his leg in a training mishap at Monmouth Park Aug. 15.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and apprentice rider Samuel Camacho Jr. were released from North Shore University Hospital on the evening of March 18 after being transported following a spill earlier in the day at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont