Jockey Samuel Camacho, Jr., who lost his status as an apprentice only this past May, will be out of action for an extended period of time after breaking his leg in a training mishap at Monmouth Park Aug. 15.
Jockey Ramon Dominguez and apprentice rider Samuel Camacho Jr. were released from North Shore University Hospital on the evening of March 18 after being transported following a spill earlier in the day at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2