Elizabeth Samuel, co-founder of Canadian-based Sam-Son Farm, died March 16 following a lengthy battle with cancer and emphysema.
Dance Smartly, a Canadian Horse of the Year and Eclipse Award winner, was euthanized over the weekend after suffering an irreparable injury in her paddock at the Samuel family's Sam-Son Farm near Milton, Ontario, Canada.
Quiet Resolve, a Canadian Horse of the Year, was euthanized Feb. 1 at Guelph University east of Toronto.
Secret 'n Classy, a half-brother to Canadian Horse of the Year Dance Smartly, has been euthanized at age 19 after breaking a leg at Vitezslav Vanda Stud in the Czech Republic.
Canadian champion Eye of the Sphynx, whose last start came in September in the Ontario Colleen Handicap on turf at Woodbine, has been bred to A.P. Indy and has been pronounced in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Thirty on Breeders' Cup Members Ballot
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park