Elizabeth Samuel, co-founder of Canadian-based Sam-Son Farm, died March 16 following a lengthy battle with cancer and emphysema.
Dance Smartly, a Canadian Horse of the Year and Eclipse Award winner, was euthanized over the weekend after suffering an irreparable injury in her paddock at the Samuel family's Sam-Son Farm near Milton, Ontario, Canada.
Quiet Resolve, a Canadian Horse of the Year, was euthanized Feb. 1 at Guelph University east of Toronto.
Secret 'n Classy, a half-brother to Canadian Horse of the Year Dance Smartly, has been euthanized at age 19 after breaking a leg at Vitezslav Vanda Stud in the Czech Republic.
Canadian champion Eye of the Sphynx, whose last start came in September in the Ontario Colleen Handicap on turf at Woodbine, has been bred to A.P. Indy and has been pronounced in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse