Elizabeth Samuel, co-founder of Canadian-based Sam-Son Farm, died March 16 following a lengthy battle with cancer and emphysema.
Dance Smartly, a Canadian Horse of the Year and Eclipse Award winner, was euthanized over the weekend after suffering an irreparable injury in her paddock at the Samuel family's Sam-Son Farm near Milton, Ontario, Canada.
Quiet Resolve, a Canadian Horse of the Year, was euthanized Feb. 1 at Guelph University east of Toronto.
Secret 'n Classy, a half-brother to Canadian Horse of the Year Dance Smartly, has been euthanized at age 19 after breaking a leg at Vitezslav Vanda Stud in the Czech Republic.
Canadian champion Eye of the Sphynx, whose last start came in September in the Ontario Colleen Handicap on turf at Woodbine, has been bred to A.P. Indy and has been pronounced in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Risen Star Hero Could Be a Local One
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes