Elizabeth Samuel, co-founder of Canadian-based Sam-Son Farm, died March 16 following a lengthy battle with cancer and emphysema.
Dance Smartly, a Canadian Horse of the Year and Eclipse Award winner, was euthanized over the weekend after suffering an irreparable injury in her paddock at the Samuel family's Sam-Son Farm near Milton, Ontario, Canada.
Quiet Resolve, a Canadian Horse of the Year, was euthanized Feb. 1 at Guelph University east of Toronto.
Secret 'n Classy, a half-brother to Canadian Horse of the Year Dance Smartly, has been euthanized at age 19 after breaking a leg at Vitezslav Vanda Stud in the Czech Republic.
Canadian champion Eye of the Sphynx, whose last start came in September in the Ontario Colleen Handicap on turf at Woodbine, has been bred to A.P. Indy and has been pronounced in foal.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Strong Beginning for Inglis Premier Sale
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory