Samantha Miss set an Australasian auction record for a filly off the racetrack when she sold for Aust$3.85 million (approximately $2,774,810 in U.S. funds) April 16 during the final session of the William Inglis & Son Easter broodmare sale.
Samantha Miss, the best 3-year-old filly in Australia won the best race for 3-year-old fillies when she absolutely trounced her rivals in the Crown Oaks (Aus-I) at Flemington racecourse Nov. 6.
There was Aus$3 million up for grabs when the field lined up at Moonee Valley racecourse on Oct. 25 in the 10 furlong W.S. Cox Plate (Aus-I).
Well, he was just a half-inch shy of racing into Australian equine immortality, but the effort by Sebring for second in the mile group I Champagne Stakes at Royal Randwick May 3 was highly commendable.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Unbridled Unleashed
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby