Samantha Miss set an Australasian auction record for a filly off the racetrack when she sold for Aust$3.85 million (approximately $2,774,810 in U.S. funds) April 16 during the final session of the William Inglis & Son Easter broodmare sale.
Samantha Miss, the best 3-year-old filly in Australia won the best race for 3-year-old fillies when she absolutely trounced her rivals in the Crown Oaks (Aus-I) at Flemington racecourse Nov. 6.
There was Aus$3 million up for grabs when the field lined up at Moonee Valley racecourse on Oct. 25 in the 10 furlong W.S. Cox Plate (Aus-I).
Well, he was just a half-inch shy of racing into Australian equine immortality, but the effort by Sebring for second in the mile group I Champagne Stakes at Royal Randwick May 3 was highly commendable.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Rosie Napravnik Announces Retirement
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Untapable Powers to Breeders' Cup Distaff Win
- Tapit Shatters Single-Season Earnings Mark
- Goldencents Posts Repeat in Dirt Mile
- Bob Neumeier Hospitalized After a Stroke
- Hootenanny Rallies to Win Juvenile Turf
- Lady Eli Sharp in Juvenile Fillies Turf
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Chitu Makes Quick Work of Damascus Rivals