Flatbird Stable's 6-year-old gelding Peeping Tom will tote highweight of 138 pounds and break from the rail in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Thanksgiving Day.
Richly Blended rebounded from a third-place finish behind Kentucky Derby runners Congaree and Monarchos in last month's Wood Memorial (gr. II) to win the one-mile, $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) by 4 1/4 lengths Saturday at Aqueduct. With the win, Richly Blended remains undefeated in races contested at one mile or less.
If you had watched Griffinite before the Layfayette Stakes (gr. III) Wednesday at Keeneland, you would have thought he had no shot. You would have been wrong.
Grade II winners Dollar Bill and Millennium Wind are expected to vie for favoritism when entries are taken Friday for Sunday's $750,000, grade II Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds.
A week ago the presence of Dollar Bill didn't scare anyone involved with bringing a top notch 3-year-old to the Louisiana Derby. And although highly touted Millennium Wind and Hero's Tribute are still on track for Sunday's grade II Kentucky Derby prep, the local flavor is simmering out.
In the first stakes of the year at Fair Grounds for 3-year-olds, Sam Lord's Castle defeated Wild Hits in the Le Comte Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th