Flatbird Stable's 6-year-old gelding Peeping Tom will tote highweight of 138 pounds and break from the rail in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Thanksgiving Day.
Richly Blended rebounded from a third-place finish behind Kentucky Derby runners Congaree and Monarchos in last month's Wood Memorial (gr. II) to win the one-mile, $150,000 Withers Stakes (gr. III) by 4 1/4 lengths Saturday at Aqueduct. With the win, Richly Blended remains undefeated in races contested at one mile or less.
If you had watched Griffinite before the Layfayette Stakes (gr. III) Wednesday at Keeneland, you would have thought he had no shot. You would have been wrong.
Grade II winners Dollar Bill and Millennium Wind are expected to vie for favoritism when entries are taken Friday for Sunday's $750,000, grade II Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds.
A week ago the presence of Dollar Bill didn't scare anyone involved with bringing a top notch 3-year-old to the Louisiana Derby. And although highly touted Millennium Wind and Hero's Tribute are still on track for Sunday's grade II Kentucky Derby prep, the local flavor is simmering out.
In the first stakes of the year at Fair Grounds for 3-year-olds, Sam Lord's Castle defeated Wild Hits in the Le Comte Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS