The New York Racing Association is seeking a bugler to play "Call to the Post" for the remainder of the Saratoga Race Course meet after regular NYRA bugler Sam Grossman took a leave to attend to a personal matter.
With horses working on the track as a backdrop, about 100 friends, relatives, and colleagues of Vic Zast gathered at Saratoga Race Course the morning of Aug. 17 to reminiscence and share stories.
As the field for the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) makes its way onto the track for the post parade at Belmont Park, the horses will be accompanied by Frank Sinatra's timeless recording of "New York, New York."
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win