The New York Racing Association is seeking a bugler to play "Call to the Post" for the remainder of the Saratoga Race Course meet after regular NYRA bugler Sam Grossman took a leave to attend to a personal matter.
With horses working on the track as a backdrop, about 100 friends, relatives, and colleagues of Vic Zast gathered at Saratoga Race Course the morning of Aug. 17 to reminiscence and share stories.
As the field for the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) makes its way onto the track for the post parade at Belmont Park, the horses will be accompanied by Frank Sinatra's timeless recording of "New York, New York."
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury