The New York Racing Association is seeking a bugler to play "Call to the Post" for the remainder of the Saratoga Race Course meet after regular NYRA bugler Sam Grossman took a leave to attend to a personal matter.
With horses working on the track as a backdrop, about 100 friends, relatives, and colleagues of Vic Zast gathered at Saratoga Race Course the morning of Aug. 17 to reminiscence and share stories.
As the field for the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) makes its way onto the track for the post parade at Belmont Park, the horses will be accompanied by Frank Sinatra's timeless recording of "New York, New York."
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic