Heavy favorite Placid Star kept her perfect record intact, streaking home to win the $100,000 Sarah Lane's Oates Handicap for 3-year-old Louisiana-bred fillies in impressive fashion Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Robert McNair's Native Annie and Frank Fletcher's There Goes Rocket won divisions of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes for 2-year-olds to close out the 2003 season at Sam Houston Race Park.
Formal Miss, a South Florida stakes winner preparing for the upcoming Saratoga meeting, is the 5-2 favorite for Friday night's $100,000 Walmac Lone Star Oaks.
Blushing K. D., whose victory in the 1997 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) ensured a measure of fame for owners James and Sue Burns, died on Aug. 5 at Dr. Bruce Lyle’s clinic near Aubrey, Texas, two days after colic surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Ramden's Favored Act of War Wins Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes