Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles will not run in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) after being rushed into emergency colic surgery Aug. 8 at San Luis Rey Equine Hospital in Bonsall, Calif.
Heading back to Del Mar proved a winning move for Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles, who closed to win the $400,500 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) by 3 3/4 lengths July 18 at the seaside racetrack.
Gabriel Charles and Ethnic Dance used different tactics to get there, but both were winners in separate divisions of the $250,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Sept. 1.
Dry Summer relished a slow early pace and surged home to gain a definitive 1 1/2-length win in the $120,000 Mine That Bird Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Shonan Pandora Surprises in Japan Cup
- Dortmund Dominant in Native Diver
- Chiropractor Closes for Hollywood Derby Upset
- Commissioner Ends Career on High Note
- California Chrome Breezes Steadily at Los Al
- Hoppertunity to Prepare for Dubai World Cup
- Airoforce Splashes Home in KY Jockey Club
- Swagger Jagger a Feel-Good Gulfstream Winner
- Family Meeting Stuns Durante Field at 37-1