Although he'd ideally like to have a softer landing spot, trainer Jeff Mullins is just happy to get grade I winner Gabriel Charles back to racing April 30 in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles will not run in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) after being rushed into emergency colic surgery Aug. 8 at San Luis Rey Equine Hospital in Bonsall, Calif.
Heading back to Del Mar proved a winning move for Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles, who closed to win the $400,500 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) by 3 3/4 lengths July 18 at the seaside racetrack.
Gabriel Charles and Ethnic Dance used different tactics to get there, but both were winners in separate divisions of the $250,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Sept. 1.
Dry Summer relished a slow early pace and surged home to gain a definitive 1 1/2-length win in the $120,000 Mine That Bird Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- HRRN Set for Dubai, Gulfstream Coverage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners