Although he'd ideally like to have a softer landing spot, trainer Jeff Mullins is just happy to get grade I winner Gabriel Charles back to racing April 30 in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) at Golden Gate Fields.
Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles will not run in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) after being rushed into emergency colic surgery Aug. 8 at San Luis Rey Equine Hospital in Bonsall, Calif.
Heading back to Del Mar proved a winning move for Sam Britt and Michael House's Gabriel Charles, who closed to win the $400,500 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT) by 3 3/4 lengths July 18 at the seaside racetrack.
Gabriel Charles and Ethnic Dance used different tactics to get there, but both were winners in separate divisions of the $250,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) Sept. 1.
Dry Summer relished a slow early pace and surged home to gain a definitive 1 1/2-length win in the $120,000 Mine That Bird Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off