Severe weather has forced racing cancellations, put horsemen in some dangerous situations, damaged property, and necessitated a lot of extra work.
Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
The richest day of the 88-day meet came Nov. 20, when the track hosted a program that featured the $1,000,000 Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) for 2-year-olds.
Fuse It became a two-time stakes winner at the Fair Grounds meet Sunday, winning the $100,000 Red Camelia Handicap for Louisiana bred mares by a length over Mysia Jo.
Lake Lady and Miss Lodi, two of the most talked about 3-year-old fillies at Fair Grounds last season, finally hook up in Saturday's $100,000 Victoria Lass Handicap in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand