Severe weather has forced racing cancellations, put horsemen in some dangerous situations, damaged property, and necessitated a lot of extra work.
Diego Saenz, a 33-year-old Mexico native, chalked up his second consecutive rider title and the fourth in the past four years at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino at the recently concluded 84-night spring/summer meet.
The richest day of the 88-day meet came Nov. 20, when the track hosted a program that featured the $1,000,000 Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) for 2-year-olds.
Fuse It became a two-time stakes winner at the Fair Grounds meet Sunday, winning the $100,000 Red Camelia Handicap for Louisiana bred mares by a length over Mysia Jo.
Lake Lady and Miss Lodi, two of the most talked about 3-year-old fillies at Fair Grounds last season, finally hook up in Saturday's $100,000 Victoria Lass Handicap in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance