Champ Pegasus, a grade I-winning son of Fusaichi Pegasus has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 breeding season at Legacy Ranch near Clements, Calif.
Champ Pegasus defeated 11-10 choice Bourbon Bay by a nose after a scintillating stretch battle in the $150,000 San Luis Obispo Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course Feb. 19.
Favored Champ Pegasus circled the field on the turn for home and charged home impressively to win Oak Tree's $250,000 Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship Stakes (gr. IT) in style Oct. 3 at Hollyw
Favored Champ Pegasus took full advantage of a ground-saving ride from leading jockey Joel Rosario to win the $200,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 29.
Salt Champ, an Argentine champion who won the Jan. 30 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) in her North American debut, has been retired from racing after suffering a slight strain in a tendon.
Argentine-bred mare Salt Champ made her United States debut for trainer Richard Mandella with a visually impressive victory in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) Sunday at Santa Anita Park.
With a grade I placing to her credit in her first start in five months, trainer Mark Glatt is looking for a big effort from his 4-year-old filly Elusive Diva in the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning