Jockey Richard Hills gave his father Barry his first training win in the 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I) since 1979 with a mild upset aboard Haafhd in the first Classic of the European season at Newmarket Saturday.
Aidan O'Brien saddles favored One Cool Cat for Saturday's 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I), which attracted 14 runners to Newmarket for Saturday's English Classic.
Salford City won Saturday's Lane's End Greenham Stakes (Eng-III) for 3-year-olds at Newbury and became one of the early favorites for the 2,000 Guineas for new owner Michael Tabor.
Most Popular Stories
- Distorted Humor Filly Brings $575,000 at OBS
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Jade Girl First Winner for Power Broker
- ABR Talks with Mike Langford, Owner of Untrapped
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move