Jockey Richard Hills gave his father Barry his first training win in the 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I) since 1979 with a mild upset aboard Haafhd in the first Classic of the European season at Newmarket Saturday.
Aidan O'Brien saddles favored One Cool Cat for Saturday's 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I), which attracted 14 runners to Newmarket for Saturday's English Classic.
Salford City won Saturday's Lane's End Greenham Stakes (Eng-III) for 3-year-olds at Newbury and became one of the early favorites for the 2,000 Guineas for new owner Michael Tabor.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records