Jockey Richard Hills gave his father Barry his first training win in the 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I) since 1979 with a mild upset aboard Haafhd in the first Classic of the European season at Newmarket Saturday.
Aidan O'Brien saddles favored One Cool Cat for Saturday's 2,000 Guineas (Eng-I), which attracted 14 runners to Newmarket for Saturday's English Classic.
Salford City won Saturday's Lane's End Greenham Stakes (Eng-III) for 3-year-olds at Newbury and became one of the early favorites for the 2,000 Guineas for new owner Michael Tabor.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky