Courageous Cat, last seen finishing a close second to champion Goldikova in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), stalked the early pace before taking the lead in midstretch and then held off a challenge to win the Canadian Turf.
Live Oak Plantation had high hopes for Namaste's Wish when they purchased her for $600,000 as a yearling last year. After a couple of disappointing starts to open her career, it seems as if the Pulpit filly is on her way to fulfilling those expectations. She headlines a field of 12 in the one-mile $250,000 Epitome Breeders' Cup Stakes on the Monmouth Park turf Oct. 26.
People who claim Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses at any licensed racetrack in Louisiana are no longer required to pay a state sales tax under a new law, the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has announced.
Two Kentucky lawmakers have introduced legislation that would eliminate the sales tax on horses purchased in Kentucky.
The Ohio House of Representatives April 9 passed a t wo-year budget that opens the door for a public vote on video lottery terminals at Ohio's seven racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Stopchargingmaria Impressive in CCA Oaks