Courageous Cat, last seen finishing a close second to champion Goldikova in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), stalked the early pace before taking the lead in midstretch and then held off a challenge to win the Canadian Turf.
Live Oak Plantation had high hopes for Namaste's Wish when they purchased her for $600,000 as a yearling last year. After a couple of disappointing starts to open her career, it seems as if the Pulpit filly is on her way to fulfilling those expectations. She headlines a field of 12 in the one-mile $250,000 Epitome Breeders' Cup Stakes on the Monmouth Park turf Oct. 26.
People who claim Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses at any licensed racetrack in Louisiana are no longer required to pay a state sales tax under a new law, the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has announced.
Two Kentucky lawmakers have introduced legislation that would eliminate the sales tax on horses purchased in Kentucky.
The Ohio House of Representatives April 9 passed a t wo-year budget that opens the door for a public vote on video lottery terminals at Ohio's seven racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks