Courageous Cat, last seen finishing a close second to champion Goldikova in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), stalked the early pace before taking the lead in midstretch and then held off a challenge to win the Canadian Turf.
Live Oak Plantation had high hopes for Namaste's Wish when they purchased her for $600,000 as a yearling last year. After a couple of disappointing starts to open her career, it seems as if the Pulpit filly is on her way to fulfilling those expectations. She headlines a field of 12 in the one-mile $250,000 Epitome Breeders' Cup Stakes on the Monmouth Park turf Oct. 26.
People who claim Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses at any licensed racetrack in Louisiana are no longer required to pay a state sales tax under a new law, the Louisiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has announced.
Two Kentucky lawmakers have introduced legislation that would eliminate the sales tax on horses purchased in Kentucky.
The Ohio House of Representatives April 9 passed a t wo-year budget that opens the door for a public vote on video lottery terminals at Ohio's seven racetracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29