The Keeneland September yearling auction continued its merciless battering of commercial breeders and consigners, posting results that fell far short of last year's figures for the third consecutive day.
Three seven-figure horses pumped up the excitement on the second day of the Keeneland September yearling sale, but they didn't provide a big enough boost to end the discouraging slump in the auction's key business figures.
The first session of Keeneland's marathon September yearling sale concluded Sept. 14 with major declines in gross, average, and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial