Centennial Farms' Reverberate, a colt expected to have a big future after his runner-up finishes in the Peter Pan and Jim Dandy (both gr. II) as a 3-year-old last year, tries once more to lock up his elusive first stakes victory in Saturday's $100,000 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
The top three finishers in Saturday's Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga are all expected to return in a month's time for the track's signature race, the $1 million Travers (gr. I).
Trainer Nick Zito will send two of his 2005 Triple Crown contenders into action in Saturday's $500,000 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course. Belmont Stakes (gr. I) runner-up Andromeda's Hero and barnmate Noble Causeway lead the field of six entered.
Trainer Sal Russo will be sending out his first Belmont Stakes (gr. I) starter tomorrow, but the 44-year-old native of Valley Stream will be looking for his third victory in the "Test of the Champion."
Watchmon, a son of Maria's Mon who is expected to be one of the longest prices on the board in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I), breezed five furlongs over the main track at Belmont Park Tuesday morning in 1:00.09.
Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Afleet Alex turned in another of his unique feats Monday by jogging a mile and a half at 6:15, then going out at 8:45 and galloping three miles in the sweltering heat and humidity.
Whywhywhy will be asked the question Sunday in the $200,000 Futurity (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014