It was an American sweep led by California breds in Saturday night's $2-million Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse, with Proud Tower Too showing the way.
Grade I winner Proud Tower Too once again displayed his tenacity by successfully repelling favored Thor's Echo in Sunday's $138,750 Sensational Star Handicap at Santa Anita Park, emerging with a one-length victory in what evolved as a two-horse race.
Sent off at 20-1 odds, Proud Tower Too outdueled favored Attila's Storm for a one-length triumph in the $250,000 Malibu Stakes (gr. I), the feature on Monday's opening day card at Santa Anita.
Jockey David Cohen put Proud Tower Too on the lead and hung on in the final strides for an upset victory in the $101,000 On Trust Handicap for California-bred sprinters on Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Greg Norman's Miss Norman, pre-entered in the Alberto VO5 Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), was withdrawn Tuesday after swelling was detected in her right suspensory.
Live Oak Plantation's High Fly, early favorite for the Florida Derby (gr. I) - Gulfstream's showcase event for 3-year-olds with Kentucky Derby aspirations - breezed five furlongs in 1:02 at the Palm Meadows training center Saturday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby