Godolphin announced Thursday that Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe winner Sakhee will be sent to Belmont Friday for the Breeders' Cup and will be pre-entered in both the Breeders' Cup Turf and Breeders' Cup Classic.
Plans may be changing for Sakhee, who wasn't coming to the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. I), but after a scintillating run in the Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) he may indeed head to New York.
Godolphin's Sakhee showed a similar turn of foot as he did in winning the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) to win Sunday's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Ending weeks of speculation, Godolphin announced Saturday that Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) winner Sakhee will be entered in the Oct. 7 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) at Longchamp.
Hamdan al Maktoum's Sakhee scored an impressive seven-length triumph over Grandera and Medicean in Tuesday's Juddmonte International (Eng-I) at York, England.
Distant Music will attempt to keep Juddmonte Farms' hot streak in high-class 1 1/4-mile races intact in Tuesday's Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) at York on Tuesday. This weekend, Juddmonte Farms homebreds won the Alabama Stakes (gr. I), Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II), and Pacific Classic (gr. I) -- each a 1 1/4-mile event.
A field of 34, including 10 runners from the Godolphin Stable, has entered the Vodafone Coronation Cup, which will be contested at Epsom on Friday, June 8.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes