Maram, winner of the 2008 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, died Sept. 6 from an acute illness, according to a release. The 6-year-old mare was at Sheltowee Farm in Midway, Ky.
Sahpresa made history with a third straight victory in the $272,000 Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Sept. 24.
Owner/breeder Karen N. Woods announced the retirement of 2008 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf winner Maram May 5.
Sahpresa defended her title with an easy 1 3/4 length victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 2.
Sahpresa, dismissed at odds of 16-1, came charging late to overtake Ghanaati and capture the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 3.
Sahm, the sole male offspring from the great European mare Salsabil, was euthanized March 20 because of an ongoing intestinal disease.
Irish Dreamer, a $1,500 Ocala Breeders' Sale colt, stormed to a decisive upset victory in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes on opening day at Oaklawn Park Friday before a crowd of 20,070.
The Shadwell Farm-bred Mustameet defeated Steenberg by a length in the Castlemartin & La Louviere Studs Gladness Stakes (Ire-III) at The Curragh Sunday.
Graded stakes winner Sahm was represented by his first winner when his son Mustameet won July 13
Roland Richard Sahm, who along with his wife, Ramona, campaigned 1986 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Super Diamond. died on Jan. 25
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work