Maram, winner of the 2008 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf, died Sept. 6 from an acute illness, according to a release. The 6-year-old mare was at Sheltowee Farm in Midway, Ky.
Sahpresa made history with a third straight victory in the $272,000 Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Sept. 24.
Owner/breeder Karen N. Woods announced the retirement of 2008 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf winner Maram May 5.
Sahpresa defended her title with an easy 1 3/4 length victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 2.
Sahpresa, dismissed at odds of 16-1, came charging late to overtake Ghanaati and capture the Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 3.
Sahm, the sole male offspring from the great European mare Salsabil, was euthanized March 20 because of an ongoing intestinal disease.
Irish Dreamer, a $1,500 Ocala Breeders' Sale colt, stormed to a decisive upset victory in the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes on opening day at Oaklawn Park Friday before a crowd of 20,070.
The Shadwell Farm-bred Mustameet defeated Steenberg by a length in the Castlemartin & La Louviere Studs Gladness Stakes (Ire-III) at The Curragh Sunday.
Graded stakes winner Sahm was represented by his first winner when his son Mustameet won July 13
Roland Richard Sahm, who along with his wife, Ramona, campaigned 1986 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Super Diamond. died on Jan. 25
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely