New York-bred Palace, claimed by his connections for $20,000 a little more than a year ago, rallied to win his first open stakes, the $300,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III), at Aqueduct Nov. 28.
Repole Stable's hard-knocking Caixa Eletronica lines up with seven others at Aqueduct Racetrack for a title defense in the $300,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) on Nov. 28, Thanksgiving Day.
Nine sprinters have been entered in Laurel Park's 22nd running of the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash Sept. 21, including local star Ben's Cat.
Ahmed Zayat hopes to make an early trip to the winner's circle in the Forego Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 31, just before Paynter continues on his comeback trail in the featured Woodward (gr. I).
Speedy frontrunners set the $100,000 James Marvin Stakes (gr. III) up perfectly for Michael Dubb and Gary Aisquith's Sage Valley, who closed from off the pace to take the 7-furlong sprint July 19 at Saratoga Race Course.
After a fifth-place finish in the June 5 RTN True North Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park, Sage Valley looks to get back to winning ways in the $100,000 James Marvin Handicap (gr. III) July 19 at Saratoga.
A salty field of seven sprinters will contest the six-furlong True North Stakes, with last year's 1-2 finishers back for a repeat duel against up-and-coming runners on the June 8 Belmont Stakes undercard.
Running for the first time in 2013, Michael Dubb's Sage Valley earned his fourth straight victory when he took the $150,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award