Sagamore Racing announced March 2 its fourth annual Thoroughbred Naming Contest.
Sagamore Racing announced Aug. 10 that general manager Tom Mullikin is leaving the operation to pursue other opportunities in the Thoroughbred industry.
A fund-raising effort helped raise more than $65,000 for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance in conjunction with the Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, the Maryland Jockey Club announced June 16.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced May 8 that Sagamore Racing will be the named sponsor of the $300,000 Pimlico Special (gr. III) May 15.
Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
Sagamore Farm's Walkwithapurpose was scratched from the May 17 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) because of a bruised foot.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile