Sagamore Racing has appointed Hunter Rankin as president to oversee and guide the professional horse racing team and its farm operations, the Glyndon, Md.-based farm announced May 17.
Sagamore Racing announced March 2 its fourth annual Thoroughbred Naming Contest.
Sagamore Racing announced Aug. 10 that general manager Tom Mullikin is leaving the operation to pursue other opportunities in the Thoroughbred industry.
A fund-raising effort helped raise more than $65,000 for the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance in conjunction with the Xpressbet.com Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course, the Maryland Jockey Club announced June 16.
The Maryland Jockey Club announced May 8 that Sagamore Racing will be the named sponsor of the $300,000 Pimlico Special (gr. III) May 15.
Tell a Great Story will be scratched from the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) after breaking out in hives the morning of Aug. 16 at Saratoga Race Course, according to Tom Mullikin, Sagamore Racing's general manager.
Sagamore Farm's Walkwithapurpose was scratched from the May 17 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) because of a bruised foot.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move