Safely's Mark, a son of Danzig out champion sprinter Safely Kept (by Horatius), has been moved to Robert and Julie White's Long Road Farm near Armstrong, British Columbia, Canada
Joseph J. Balsamo's Weigelia went immediately to the front and sprinted away from his rivals in the stretch for a 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Ponche Handicap at Calder Race Course Saturday.
Calder specialist Weigelia wrestled the early lead from How's Your Halo and was never challenged through the stretch en route to an easy victory in the $100,000 Kenny Noe Jr. Handicap (gr. III) over a sloppy track at seven furlongs Saturday.
Joseph Balsamo's stakes winner Weigelia showed his consistency again by taking the six-furlong $150,000 Jack Dudley Sprint during Calder's Florida Million.
Surprising Weigelia seized the lead at the top of the stretch and refused to give in to a resolute Classy Migration to win the $300,000 Carry Back (gr. III) for 3-year-olds Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91