A packed card of stakes at Laurel Park Nov. 14 will be highlighted by the $350,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash, which will feature Antonino Miuccio's two-time grade I winner Palace.
The fall stakes schedule for Laurel Park was approved Aug. 19 at the monthly Maryland Racing Commission meeting.
Miss Lodi, winner of the 2002 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III), has been retired. She is booked to A.P. Indy and is scheduled to be sold later this year.
Joseph Allen's Randaroo raced close to the lead and then wrested command past the 1/16th marker and drove to victory in the $150,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Pimlico.
R.C. Colton Jr & Mast Thoroughbred LLC's Miss Lodi and her apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger both won their first graded stakes Saturday in $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Swept Away won her second career graded stakes race and her second Safely Kept Stakes win of the year, cruising to a 2 1/2-length win at the 3-5 favorite in the $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Laurel Park. In August, the Bernard Flint-trained 3-year-old filly won Arlington International's Safely Kept Stakes by 2 3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications