The fall stakes schedule for Laurel Park was approved Aug. 19 at the monthly Maryland Racing Commission meeting.
Miss Lodi, winner of the 2002 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III), has been retired. She is booked to A.P. Indy and is scheduled to be sold later this year.
Joseph Allen's Randaroo raced close to the lead and then wrested command past the 1/16th marker and drove to victory in the $150,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Pimlico.
R.C. Colton Jr & Mast Thoroughbred LLC's Miss Lodi and her apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger both won their first graded stakes Saturday in $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Swept Away won her second career graded stakes race and her second Safely Kept Stakes win of the year, cruising to a 2 1/2-length win at the 3-5 favorite in the $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Laurel Park. In August, the Bernard Flint-trained 3-year-old filly won Arlington International's Safely Kept Stakes by 2 3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released