The fall stakes schedule for Laurel Park was approved Aug. 19 at the monthly Maryland Racing Commission meeting.
Miss Lodi, winner of the 2002 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III), has been retired. She is booked to A.P. Indy and is scheduled to be sold later this year.
Joseph Allen's Randaroo raced close to the lead and then wrested command past the 1/16th marker and drove to victory in the $150,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Pimlico.
R.C. Colton Jr & Mast Thoroughbred LLC's Miss Lodi and her apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger both won their first graded stakes Saturday in $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Swept Away won her second career graded stakes race and her second Safely Kept Stakes win of the year, cruising to a 2 1/2-length win at the 3-5 favorite in the $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) Saturday at Laurel Park. In August, the Bernard Flint-trained 3-year-old filly won Arlington International's Safely Kept Stakes by 2 3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Aldous Snow Repeats in Singspiel Stakes
- Strut the Course Edges Favorite at Woodbine
- Front-Runner Dogwood Trail Blossoms in Azalea
- Nutan Easy Winner of German Derby
- Favorites Dominate on Louisiana Legends Night
- Jockey Gonzalez Posts Career Victory 3,000
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban