Shipping cross-country for Southern California trainer Mike Mitchell, favored Sindy with an S took command mid-stretch en route to a 3 1/4-length win in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) on the Laurel Park main track Oct. 6.
New Farm's homebred Wild Gams came from off the pace to grab the lead in deep stretch for jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, digging in for the final strides to defeat 11-10 choice Wildcat Bettie B in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders's Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Laurel Park.
Grade I winner Wildcat Bettie B faces seven challengers on Saturday in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Laurel Park. The eight competitors have combined to finish in the money 45 times in 53 career starts and have 25 victories at the six-furlong distance.
John Murphy Sr.'s frontrunner Trickle of Gold turned on the afterburners and sped away to a three-length triumph in the $131,500 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Laurel Park.
Maddalena heads an evenly matched field of seven entered for Laurel Park's $150,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday.
Patiently rated at the back of the pack, Bending Strings bounded into action around the far turn, forced her way between rivals a furlong from home and drew off to win Saturday's $143,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Five of the eight starters in Saturday's $150,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico are added money winners, led by the Tom Amoss-trained Holy Bubbette.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse