Shipping cross-country for Southern California trainer Mike Mitchell, favored Sindy with an S took command mid-stretch en route to a 3 1/4-length win in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) on the Laurel Park main track Oct. 6.
New Farm's homebred Wild Gams came from off the pace to grab the lead in deep stretch for jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, digging in for the final strides to defeat 11-10 choice Wildcat Bettie B in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders's Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Laurel Park.
Grade I winner Wildcat Bettie B faces seven challengers on Saturday in the $200,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Laurel Park. The eight competitors have combined to finish in the money 45 times in 53 career starts and have 25 victories at the six-furlong distance.
John Murphy Sr.'s frontrunner Trickle of Gold turned on the afterburners and sped away to a three-length triumph in the $131,500 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Sunday at Laurel Park.
Maddalena heads an evenly matched field of seven entered for Laurel Park's $150,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies on Sunday.
Patiently rated at the back of the pack, Bending Strings bounded into action around the far turn, forced her way between rivals a furlong from home and drew off to win Saturday's $143,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Five of the eight starters in Saturday's $150,000 Safely Kept Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico are added money winners, led by the Tom Amoss-trained Holy Bubbette.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely