Kingman avenged his lone career loss when the Khalid Abdullah homebred posted a 2 1/4-length victory in the $637,500 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Saeed Manana's Night of Thunder turned the tables on favorite Kingman by narrowly winning the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from that rival in a 40-1 upset May 3 at Newmarket.
Warrsan, a two-time English group I winner and German champion, died June 19 after a short illness following complications from a tumor.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD