Kingman avenged his lone career loss when the Khalid Abdullah homebred posted a 2 1/4-length victory in the $637,500 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Saeed Manana's Night of Thunder turned the tables on favorite Kingman by narrowly winning the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from that rival in a 40-1 upset May 3 at Newmarket.
Warrsan, a two-time English group I winner and German champion, died June 19 after a short illness following complications from a tumor.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Colorado Voters to Decide on Racino Gaming
- CDI Gets 5-Year Contract with Saratoga Casino
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales