Kingman avenged his lone career loss when the Khalid Abdullah homebred posted a 2 1/4-length victory in the $637,500 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Saeed Manana's Night of Thunder turned the tables on favorite Kingman by narrowly winning the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from that rival in a 40-1 upset May 3 at Newmarket.
Warrsan, a two-time English group I winner and German champion, died June 19 after a short illness following complications from a tumor.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- Favorable Reviews of Fasig-Tipton Under Tack Show
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Honorable Duty Latest Big Winner for Walsh
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death