Kingman avenged his lone career loss when the Khalid Abdullah homebred posted a 2 1/4-length victory in the $637,500 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Saeed Manana's Night of Thunder turned the tables on favorite Kingman by narrowly winning the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from that rival in a 40-1 upset May 3 at Newmarket.
Warrsan, a two-time English group I winner and German champion, died June 19 after a short illness following complications from a tumor.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity