Kingman avenged his lone career loss when the Khalid Abdullah homebred posted a 2 1/4-length victory in the $637,500 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Saeed Manana's Night of Thunder turned the tables on favorite Kingman by narrowly winning the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from that rival in a 40-1 upset May 3 at Newmarket.
Warrsan, a two-time English group I winner and German champion, died June 19 after a short illness following complications from a tumor.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag