Kingman avenged his lone career loss when the Khalid Abdullah homebred posted a 2 1/4-length victory in the $637,500 St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng I) June 17 at Royal Ascot.
Saeed Manana's Night of Thunder turned the tables on favorite Kingman by narrowly winning the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from that rival in a 40-1 upset May 3 at Newmarket.
Warrsan, a two-time English group I winner and German champion, died June 19 after a short illness following complications from a tumor.
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Veteran Newmarket trainer Clive Brittain landed his first Vodafone Coronation Cup (Eng-I) when 5-year-old Warrsan swooped to a half-length victory from Highest and Black Sam Bellamy Saturday at Epsom Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes