Jockey Red Pollard's race-worn saddle from Hall of Fame racehorse Seasbiscuit has sold for $104,260, Lelands auction house announced Jan 20.
Dana Parham, a Thoroughbred racing fan and Standardbred owner and breeder, has made a contribution of $250,000 to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund (PDJF).
The saddle worn by Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro and purchased at the Mint Jubilee auction by Dwight Manley for $220,000 May 4, was purchased privately by Roy and Gretchen Jackson a few moments later.
Organizers of the Mint Jubilee Derby-Eve Gala announced today that bids for the saddle worn by Barbaro in the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will be accepted from interested buyers from both inside and outside the venue.
The saddle jockey George Woolf used on Seabiscuit will be permanently displayed at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short