Dana Parham, a Thoroughbred racing fan and Standardbred owner and breeder, has made a contribution of $250,000 to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund (PDJF).
The saddle worn by Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro and purchased at the Mint Jubilee auction by Dwight Manley for $220,000 May 4, was purchased privately by Roy and Gretchen Jackson a few moments later.
Organizers of the Mint Jubilee Derby-Eve Gala announced today that bids for the saddle worn by Barbaro in the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will be accepted from interested buyers from both inside and outside the venue.
The saddle jockey George Woolf used on Seabiscuit will be permanently displayed at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali