Jockey Red Pollard's race-worn saddle from Hall of Fame racehorse Seasbiscuit has sold for $104,260, Lelands auction house announced Jan 20.
Dana Parham, a Thoroughbred racing fan and Standardbred owner and breeder, has made a contribution of $250,000 to the NTRA Charities' Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund (PDJF).
The saddle worn by Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro and purchased at the Mint Jubilee auction by Dwight Manley for $220,000 May 4, was purchased privately by Roy and Gretchen Jackson a few moments later.
Organizers of the Mint Jubilee Derby-Eve Gala announced today that bids for the saddle worn by Barbaro in the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) will be accepted from interested buyers from both inside and outside the venue.
The saddle jockey George Woolf used on Seabiscuit will be permanently displayed at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows