Hussonet, sire of 30 grade I or group I winners and 20 champions, died from a stroke the morning of March 21 at Cornerstone Stud in Angaston, South Australia.
Images from the Breeders' Cup career of D. Wayne Lukas. view slideshow
Hussonet, whose daughter Wild Spirit won the Sept. 13 Ruffian Handicap (gr. I), will stand at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington in 2004.
Wednesday night's Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale ended not with a bang but a whimper, as the highly anticipated Storm Cat colt--the last yearling through the ring--was bought back by consignor Robert Evans for $3.8 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start