New York state racing regulators will impose new security protocols for horses racing in the upcoming Travers Stakes at Saratoga Race Course, though they are less burdensome than those put in place during this year's Belmont.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board pushed through new emergency rules to make it easier and quicker for NYCOTB bettors to sign up with internet and phone wagering platforms at the state's other OTBs.
- By Tom Precious
Thoroughbred trainer William Badgett Jr. is facing a 60-day suspension and $1,000 fine by New York regulators after a one of his horses showed excessive levels of TCO2.
Lawmakers in New York have given final approval of a deal in which the state takes over the control of the New York City Off-Track Betting Corp, a move that could be a prelude to consolidation of all the OTBs across the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner