More than three months after winning the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I) and locking up champion 3-year-old filly honors, Royal Delta will begin her 2012 season in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 25 at Gulfstream.
G. Watts Humphrey Jr.'s good-looking filly One Caroline, undefeated in three starts and a runaway winner in optional claiming company last month, dives into stakes competition for the first time when taking on eight fillies and mares in the $100,000 Sabin Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 20 at Gulfstream Park.
Mike Rutherford's homebred Taittinger Rose mowed down her rivals in the stretch with a bold move on the outside to register her first graded stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Miss Matched could be the horse to beat in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares Saturday at Gulfstream Park in her first start since finishing third in the Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks (gr. III) at Hoosier Downs on Sept. 30.
Chilean-bred Isola Piu Bella never let 7-10 favorite Daydreaming out of her sight, pulling away in the stretch for her first North American victory in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Mystic Lady, an eight-time stakes winner in her career, will be making her final start when she runs in Saturday's $100,000 Sabin Handicap at Gulfstream Park. The fillies and mares stakes will be contested at 1 1/16 miles.
San Dare and Vespers are among the runners scheduled to start in stakes races at Gulfstream Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream