Guy Roberts reported the loss of his prominent stallion Petersburg Dec. 22. The 20-year-old son of Danzig, who had been ill the past few months, stood at Roberts' Guy Bar Farm near Sunnyside, Wash.
Herman Sarkowsky's homebred No Giveaway, under an excellently-timed ride from Juan Gutierrez, reached the wire just in time to register a 60-1 upset in the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) at Emerald Downs Sunday.
A field of 11 horses have been entered for the 70th running of the 2005 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Sunday, with returning champion and early morning line favorite (5-2) Adreamisborn breaking from post seven.
Sabertooth made a majestic return to the winner's circle by setting a world record of 1:13 for 6 1/2 furlongs in winning the $40,000 FSN Handicap Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Sabertooth, winner of the 67th running of Longacres Mile
(gr. III), was named 2002 Washington-bred horse of the year
Longshot Sabertooth took command early and was never headed while winning the $250,000 Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III) by two lengths in an outstanding time of 1:34 3/5 Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Trainer Richard Mandella declared morning line favorite Redattore out of the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Saturday morning due to a fever.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker