Guy Roberts reported the loss of his prominent stallion Petersburg Dec. 22. The 20-year-old son of Danzig, who had been ill the past few months, stood at Roberts' Guy Bar Farm near Sunnyside, Wash.
Herman Sarkowsky's homebred No Giveaway, under an excellently-timed ride from Juan Gutierrez, reached the wire just in time to register a 60-1 upset in the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) at Emerald Downs Sunday.
A field of 11 horses have been entered for the 70th running of the 2005 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Sunday, with returning champion and early morning line favorite (5-2) Adreamisborn breaking from post seven.
Sabertooth made a majestic return to the winner's circle by setting a world record of 1:13 for 6 1/2 furlongs in winning the $40,000 FSN Handicap Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Sabertooth, winner of the 67th running of Longacres Mile
(gr. III), was named 2002 Washington-bred horse of the year
Longshot Sabertooth took command early and was never headed while winning the $250,000 Longacres Mile Handicap (gr. III) by two lengths in an outstanding time of 1:34 3/5 Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Trainer Richard Mandella declared morning line favorite Redattore out of the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) Saturday morning due to a fever.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill