Hour Glass, trainer Todd Pletcher's second horse in Belmont Park's Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II), held off Tar Heel Mom by a half-length to win the $150,000 event for fillies and mares May 29.
Alex Rankin's Tar Heel Mom, the Distaff Handicap (gr. II) winner last month at Aqueduct, will tote top weight of 119 pounds as the 5-2 morning-line favorite in the $150,000 Vagrancy Handicap (gr. II) May 29 at Belmont.
The 45-1 outsider Trusty Temper, ridden by Justin Shepherd, shook off favored Saarlight in early stretch and repulsed a strong challenge mid-stretch to win the $200,000 Jostle Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths at Philadelphia Park June 13.
Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin will send the promising Saarlight as the 3-1 morning line favorite in the $200,000 Jostle Stakes at Philadelphia Park June 13.
Flashing, passed by 6-5 favorite Saarlight in the lane, fought back in the middle of the track to win the $200,000 Nassau County Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/4 lengths at Belmont Park May 2.
While the focus of the racing world is on Churchill Downs on the first Saturday in May, Belmont Park is offering a program that includes three graded stakes May 2.
Saarland, who was one of the top 2-year-olds of 2001, died March 11 because of injuries suffered after running into a feeder.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother