Godolphin Racing's Crimson Palace found American racing to her liking Saturday, winning the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) in the closing strides at Arlington Park.
In the most controversial Arlington Million (gr. IT) ever, stewards awarded victory to Godolphin Racing's Sulamani after determining that winner Storming Home interfered at the finish with two horses behind him when he spooked badly just before the wire and unseated his rider, Gary Stevens.
While he finished a much-troubled third to Victory Moon in Saturday's Group II $2 million UAE Derby, Inamorato's trainer said afterward that the colt could still make the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) on May 3.
Irish-bred Moon Ballad, owned by the Godolphin racing stable and ridden by Frankie Dettori, won the Group III Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Challenge (Round II) at the United Arab Emirates' Nad Al Sheba Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Avila Defiant in Face of Suspension
- Palace Malice in First Work Back for Pletcher
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride