Godolphin Racing's Crimson Palace found American racing to her liking Saturday, winning the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) in the closing strides at Arlington Park.
In the most controversial Arlington Million (gr. IT) ever, stewards awarded victory to Godolphin Racing's Sulamani after determining that winner Storming Home interfered at the finish with two horses behind him when he spooked badly just before the wire and unseated his rider, Gary Stevens.
While he finished a much-troubled third to Victory Moon in Saturday's Group II $2 million UAE Derby, Inamorato's trainer said afterward that the colt could still make the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) on May 3.
Irish-bred Moon Ballad, owned by the Godolphin racing stable and ridden by Frankie Dettori, won the Group III Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Challenge (Round II) at the United Arab Emirates' Nad Al Sheba Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session