Godolphin Racing's Crimson Palace found American racing to her liking Saturday, winning the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) in the closing strides at Arlington Park.
In the most controversial Arlington Million (gr. IT) ever, stewards awarded victory to Godolphin Racing's Sulamani after determining that winner Storming Home interfered at the finish with two horses behind him when he spooked badly just before the wire and unseated his rider, Gary Stevens.
While he finished a much-troubled third to Victory Moon in Saturday's Group II $2 million UAE Derby, Inamorato's trainer said afterward that the colt could still make the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) on May 3.
Irish-bred Moon Ballad, owned by the Godolphin racing stable and ridden by Frankie Dettori, won the Group III Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Challenge (Round II) at the United Arab Emirates' Nad Al Sheba Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold