Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Michael Matz, Keeneland sales inspector Ryan Mahan, Fasig-Tipton sales inspector Bill Graves, and noted bloodstock agent Buzz Chace share their knowledge and guiding principles when it comes to analyzing conformation in Conformation for Performance, a DVD released by Blood-Horse Publications.
Novice and experienced horsemen alike can now gain invaluable insight into how the experts judge a young horse's athletic potential with the release of Conformation for Performance. The DVD is an hour-long, step-by-step guide for assessing conformation.
Session three of the Keeneland January horses of ages sale in Lexington was brightened by the most expensive yearling sold so far, a $390,000 son of Maria's Mon. But the auction's key business figures remained grim when compared to 2008's results.
Ryan Mahan, the director of auctions and head auctioneer for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co., is missing the Florida firm's August yearling sale because of complications following surgery.
Roy and Gretchen Jackson, the owners of Barbaro, will be the featured guests at the 2007 Call to the Post dinner and auction at the Ocala, Fla., Hilton April 22 to benefit the Ocala Farm Ministry of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
If weather is any indication, the outlook is bright for Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday.
Above and Beyond, a painting by noted Ocala, Fla. artist Sharon Crute, will be auctioned during the "Throwing Full Crosses" banquet to benefit Race Track Chaplaincy of America's Ocala Farm Ministry. The banquet will be held 6:30 p.m., March 19 at the Gallery Square, next to the Arthur Appleton Museum on Silver Springs Blvd. in Ocala.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic