Lear Fan, who stood at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, died July 7 of natural causes.
A quality field of seven 3-year-old fillies will line up to contest the prestigious $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
Lear Fan, one of the nation's leading turf sires, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Khalid Abdullah's Ryafan died April 12 from major uterine artery hemorrhaging at the owner's Juddmonte Farms near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum