Lear Fan, who stood at the Beck family's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, died July 7 of natural causes.
A quality field of seven 3-year-old fillies will line up to contest the prestigious $500,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland Saturday.
Lear Fan, one of the nation's leading turf sires, has been pensioned from stallion duty at Gainesway Farm near Lexington because of declining fertility.
Khalid Abdullah's Ryafan died April 12 from major uterine artery hemorrhaging at the owner's Juddmonte Farms near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale