Rutledge Farm was back in the winner's circle Charles Town Classic night for the third straight year, but not with its homebred Researcher.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
Hermen Greenberg, breeder of 1993 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Colonial Affair, died Feb. 28.
Researcher comes into the $100,000 Queens County off a losing effort but trainer Jeff Runco is still confident his charge is the one to beat.
A combination of talent and home-field advantage helped Researcher produce a powerful victory in the inaugural Charles Town Classic at Charles Town Races & Slots the evening of April 18. And he vanquished a few grade I winners in the process.
Red-hot Researcher took his jump into graded stakes company in stride by winning the $108,400 Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Dec. 13 for his fourth consecutive victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Silviniaco Conti Wins 2nd King George Chase
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection