Ruthville stole the show in front of a crowd of 8,259 fans at Canterbury Park Aug. 4, winning the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes as a part of the track's second annual Fillies Race for Hope.
Grade I winner Rutherienne returned to her winning ways with a three-length triumph in the $276,326 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 30, going over the $1 million mark in career earnings in the process.
Virginia Kraft Payson's multiple graded stakes-winning homebred Rutherienne looks to bounce back from a three-month layoff, as the Pulpit filly headlines a full field of 12 in the $100,000 Frances A. Genter Stakes (gr. IIIT) Dec. 29 at Calder Race Course.
Virginia Kraft Payson's favored homebred Rutherienne continued her impressive 2007 season Friday thanks to a fearless hedge-skimming ride from jockey Garrett Gomez and a bit of luck in the $115,100 Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining