Ruthville stole the show in front of a crowd of 8,259 fans at Canterbury Park Aug. 4, winning the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes as a part of the track's second annual Fillies Race for Hope.
Grade I winner Rutherienne returned to her winning ways with a three-length triumph in the $276,326 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 30, going over the $1 million mark in career earnings in the process.
Virginia Kraft Payson's multiple graded stakes-winning homebred Rutherienne looks to bounce back from a three-month layoff, as the Pulpit filly headlines a full field of 12 in the $100,000 Frances A. Genter Stakes (gr. IIIT) Dec. 29 at Calder Race Course.
Virginia Kraft Payson's favored homebred Rutherienne continued her impressive 2007 season Friday thanks to a fearless hedge-skimming ride from jockey Garrett Gomez and a bit of luck in the $115,100 Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- TCA Draws Balanced Field of Distaff Sprinters
- Marchman Returns From Short Rest in Woodford
- Lenny's Place - Episode 2
- New Meet, New Racing Surface
- Shedding My Mask
- A Great Ambassador