Ruthville stole the show in front of a crowd of 8,259 fans at Canterbury Park Aug. 4, winning the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes as a part of the track's second annual Fillies Race for Hope.
Grade I winner Rutherienne returned to her winning ways with a three-length triumph in the $276,326 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf May 30, going over the $1 million mark in career earnings in the process.
Virginia Kraft Payson's multiple graded stakes-winning homebred Rutherienne looks to bounce back from a three-month layoff, as the Pulpit filly headlines a full field of 12 in the $100,000 Frances A. Genter Stakes (gr. IIIT) Dec. 29 at Calder Race Course.
Virginia Kraft Payson's favored homebred Rutherienne continued her impressive 2007 season Friday thanks to a fearless hedge-skimming ride from jockey Garrett Gomez and a bit of luck in the $115,100 Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- The Devil You Say
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint