Greg Nichols, chief executive of the British Horseracing Board for the past four years, will relinquish the post of running British racing's ruling body later this year.
The program of Pattern races for fillies and mares in Britain in 2004 will see a new group I race, with Newmarket's Falmouth Stakes, won by the likes of Proudwings, Sonic Lady, and Al Bahathri, upgraded from group II status.
Most Popular Stories
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea