Greg Nichols, chief executive of the British Horseracing Board for the past four years, will relinquish the post of running British racing's ruling body later this year.
The program of Pattern races for fillies and mares in Britain in 2004 will see a new group I race, with Newmarket's Falmouth Stakes, won by the likes of Proudwings, Sonic Lady, and Al Bahathri, upgraded from group II status.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA