Greg Nichols, chief executive of the British Horseracing Board for the past four years, will relinquish the post of running British racing's ruling body later this year.
The program of Pattern races for fillies and mares in Britain in 2004 will see a new group I race, with Newmarket's Falmouth Stakes, won by the likes of Proudwings, Sonic Lady, and Al Bahathri, upgraded from group II status.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand