Dank is seeking to become the second two-time winner of the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf and the first to complete this feat in consecutive years.
An oversubscribed field for the $2 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) includes last year's champion Dank.
In a thrilling stretch battle, Juddmonte Farms' Emollient edged Parranda by half a length to win the $300,000 Rodeo Drive Stakes (gr. IT) Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
View more photos from our magazine series training offspring of Lemon Drop Kid. view slideshow
Zanim R. Meahjohn's 13-1 chance Rusty Slipper seized the lead nearing the sixteenth pole and comfortably earned her first graded stakes win in the $109,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 23 at Monmouth Park.
Starstruck, Calumet Farm's 5-year-old Galileo mare, headlines the $100,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 20 on the Jersey Shore, but the chestnut will have her work cut out for her against a full field.
Orion Moon, who missed her first graded stakes win by a neck in the recent Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT), should be the one to beat in the $100,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. III) June 21 over the turf at Monmouth Park.
Watsdachances makes her first start since finishing second in last fall's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) in the $100,000 Appalachian Presented by the Japan Racing Association April 18 at Keeneland.
After leading at every call in winning her first two career turf starts, Tapicat will try to earn her first black-type Feb. 2 in the Florida Oaks (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015