Dank is seeking to become the second two-time winner of the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf and the first to complete this feat in consecutive years.
An oversubscribed field for the $2 million Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) includes last year's champion Dank.
In a thrilling stretch battle, Juddmonte Farms' Emollient edged Parranda by half a length to win the $300,000 Rodeo Drive Stakes (gr. IT) Sept. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
View more photos from our magazine series training offspring of Lemon Drop Kid. view slideshow
Zanim R. Meahjohn's 13-1 chance Rusty Slipper seized the lead nearing the sixteenth pole and comfortably earned her first graded stakes win in the $109,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 23 at Monmouth Park.
Starstruck, Calumet Farm's 5-year-old Galileo mare, headlines the $100,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 20 on the Jersey Shore, but the chestnut will have her work cut out for her against a full field.
Orion Moon, who missed her first graded stakes win by a neck in the recent Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT), should be the one to beat in the $100,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. III) June 21 over the turf at Monmouth Park.
Watsdachances makes her first start since finishing second in last fall's Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) in the $100,000 Appalachian Presented by the Japan Racing Association April 18 at Keeneland.
After leading at every call in winning her first two career turf starts, Tapicat will try to earn her first black-type Feb. 2 in the Florida Oaks (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes