Ender's Sister, with Hall of Fame rider Pat Day in the irons, won the $150,000 Florida Oaks at Tampa Bay Downs on Sunday with an explosive move at the sixteenth pole that swept her to a ¾-length win.
Still fifth with three-sixteenths of a mile remaining, Joe's Son Joey stormed down the middle of the course to win Friday's featured $84,525 Woodford County Stakes at Keeneland.
Jeffrey Nielson's Island Fashion, winner of the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 16, will head the field for Saturday's running of the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park.
The third-place finish by G. Watts Humphrey's Victory Ride in Saturday's $200,000-added Churchill Downs Distaff (gr. II) was to be the final race of the Grade I winner's career.
With both 1 1/8-mile juvenile stakes races at Aqueduct taken off the turf because of rain, One Colony, in the Pilgrim Stakes, and Fircroft, in the Miss Grillo, were victories Sunday.
Storm Flag Flying is the likely favorite heading into Sunday's $200,000 Matron (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park.
Victory Ride, making her first start since winning last summer's Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, cruised a one-length win in the inaugural $100,000 Madison Stakes at Keeneland Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- Indiana Downs Has New Name as Part of Rebrand
- Turfway Adds Starter Handicap Honoring Hansen