The consignor preferred session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Tuesday, Oct. 18, was unable to keep pace statistically with last year's figures.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The gross revenue rose 75.3% while the average price grew 41.9%. The median price was up 25%.
Rustlewood Farm's Mach Ride, one of the contenders in the $2-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was declared out of the race by trainer Steve Standridge Oct. 20.
Calder-based Mach Ride sprung a significant upset in Saturday's $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II), winning by two lengths over fellow outsider Paradise Dancer.
Rustlewood Farm's Consider Thesource came flying down the middle of the track at odds of 52-1 to overtake frontrunner Stolen Prayer to win the $400,000 My Dear Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes by 1 ¾ lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points