Rustlewood Farm's homebred Prudhoe Bay repelled a game bid from 6-5 choice Favorite Tale to win the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 16 at Monmouth Park.
The consignor preferred session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Tuesday, Oct. 18, was unable to keep pace statistically with last year's figures.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The gross revenue rose 75.3% while the average price grew 41.9%. The median price was up 25%.
Rustlewood Farm's Mach Ride, one of the contenders in the $2-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was declared out of the race by trainer Steve Standridge Oct. 20.
Calder-based Mach Ride sprung a significant upset in Saturday's $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II), winning by two lengths over fellow outsider Paradise Dancer.
Rustlewood Farm's Consider Thesource came flying down the middle of the track at odds of 52-1 to overtake frontrunner Stolen Prayer to win the $400,000 My Dear Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes by 1 ¾ lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet