Zayat Stables' El Kabeir went to the front and kept on going Nov. 29 at Churchill Downs, just holding off Imperia to win the $233,000 Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) by a head.
Ackeret became the first winner for freshman sire Mach Ride when he rallied from fifth to score a three-length victory in his career debut in a 6 1/2-furlong maiden claiming race Oct. 9 at Belmont Park.
Rustlewood Farm's homebred Prudhoe Bay repelled a game bid from 6-5 choice Favorite Tale to win the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 16 at Monmouth Park.
The consignor preferred session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Tuesday, Oct. 18, was unable to keep pace statistically with last year's figures.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The gross revenue rose 75.3% while the average price grew 41.9%. The median price was up 25%.
Rustlewood Farm's Mach Ride, one of the contenders in the $2-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was declared out of the race by trainer Steve Standridge Oct. 20.
Calder-based Mach Ride sprung a significant upset in Saturday's $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II), winning by two lengths over fellow outsider Paradise Dancer.
Rustlewood Farm's Consider Thesource came flying down the middle of the track at odds of 52-1 to overtake frontrunner Stolen Prayer to win the $400,000 My Dear Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes by 1 ¾ lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream