Rustlewood Farm's homebred Prudhoe Bay repelled a game bid from 6-5 choice Favorite Tale to win the $100,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 16 at Monmouth Park.
The consignor preferred session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale Tuesday, Oct. 18, was unable to keep pace statistically with last year's figures.
Grade II winner Mach Ride was been retired from racing for stallion duty in 2011 at the Appleton family's Bridlewood Farm near Ocala, Fla.
The gross revenue rose 75.3% while the average price grew 41.9%. The median price was up 25%.
Rustlewood Farm's Mach Ride, one of the contenders in the $2-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), was declared out of the race by trainer Steve Standridge Oct. 20.
Calder-based Mach Ride sprung a significant upset in Saturday's $500,000 Smile Sprint Handicap (gr. II), winning by two lengths over fellow outsider Paradise Dancer.
Rustlewood Farm's Consider Thesource came flying down the middle of the track at odds of 52-1 to overtake frontrunner Stolen Prayer to win the $400,000 My Dear Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes by 1 ¾ lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71