Hansen, the 6-5 morning-line choice in a field of 13 in the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes, could go to Louisville as the Kentucky Derby favorite with a win in the signature race at Keeneland.
The final work for probable Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) contender Ever So Lucky came April 10 at Keeneland when he breezed five furlongs in a speedy :57 with Julien Leparoux aboard.
Hero of Order, the 109-1 winner of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) April 1 at Fair Grounds, has joined the probable cast for Saturday's 88th running of the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Gennadi Dorochenko, trainer of Louisiana Derby (gr. II) longshot winner Hero of Order, will try for another upset with Russian Greek in the April 14 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I).
A large and wide-open field of 12 was entered for Turfway Park's signature race and at least one of the winners should be moving on to Louisville six weeks from now.
Jason and Tom handicap the El Camino Real Derby and Gulfstream Park Turf Sprint. watch video
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, seeking his sixth El Camino Real Derby victory, sends out morning line choice Russian Greek and stakes-winning filly Lady of Fifty as part of a 10-horse field.
A trio trained by Jerry Hollendorfer heads a list of 23 3-year-olds nominated for the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) Feb. 18 at Golden Gate Fields.
Steve reveals his pedigree Derby Dozen. read blog
Favored Russian Greek rallied from last on the far turn to register a one-length victory in the $100,520 California Derby at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 14.
Russian Greek, who overcame a stumble at the start to win the Gold Rush Stakes last month, is the 122-pound high weight for his return to Golden Gate Fields in the $100,000 California Derby Jan. 14.
Russian Greek overcame a stumbling start to capture the $75,260 Gold Rush Stakes with a late surge by a neck in a 7-1 surprise at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill