Bertrando, a champion on the racetrack and a leading California sire, has been retired from stud duty after standing in 2011 at Don Cohn's Ballena Vista Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Marty and Pam Wygod will disperse their California bloodstock at Barretts this coming October and eventually plan to sell their River Edge Farm near Buellton.
The Tin Man, who has spent the last several months recovering from a fractured knee at Santa Anita Park, has been sent to Martin and Pam Wygod's River Edge Farm near Buellton, Calif., for his retirement.
Millionaire Tranquility Lake, who was scheduled to run in the Dec. 15 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park, was retired prior to the race and will begin life as a broodmare for owners Martin and Pam Wygod.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Gains Continue on Third Day at Tattersalls
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge