King's Bishop (gr. I) winner Pomeroy is a mild 4-1 favorite in the $200,000-added Churchill Downs Handicap (gr. II), which drew a full field of 12 going seven furlongs Saturday.
Stablemate Perfect Moon ensured a blazing pace and late charging Harvard Avenue took care of the rest, winning the $200,000 Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for sprinters and capping a four-stakes weekend for hot trainer Doug O'Neill.
Leading trainer Doug O'Neill saddles two contenders in Sunday's contentious Potrero Grande Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for older sprinters at Santa Anita.
Domestic Dispute, who returned from a four-month layoff with a solid second-place finish in the Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) last month, heads a field of seven milers in Sunday's $250,000 Del Mar Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens is expected to be back in the Del Mar jockeys' room on Friday ready to resume his role among the leaders of the Southern California riding contingent.
Disturbingthepeace, one of the leading sprinters in California at this time a year ago, flashed some of his former brilliance with a front-running victory in the $150,000 Pat O'Brien Handicap (gr. II) at Del Mar Sunday.
Racing wide throughout, Michael Tabor's Pass Rush proved to be much the best in Saturday's $219,600 San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita.
Jockey Alex Solis likes what he sees in Rushin' To Altar, a $485,000 Kentucky-bred son of Pulpit he'll be riding in Saturday's $200,000 San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at 1 1/16 mile at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North