Minnesota officials said advance deposit wagering legislation passed recently by lawmakers will provide an estimated $1.5 million in revenue that will be re-directed to horse racing and breeding in the state.
The parent company of Canterbury Park reported a smaller first-quarter profit May 13, blaming current economic conditions and increased competition at the racetrack located in Shakopee, Minn.
MTR Gaming in its annual report said it lost $11.4 million in 2007 and announced Ted Arneault will step down as chairman and chief executive officer at the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23