Minnesota officials said advance deposit wagering legislation passed recently by lawmakers will provide an estimated $1.5 million in revenue that will be re-directed to horse racing and breeding in the state.
The parent company of Canterbury Park reported a smaller first-quarter profit May 13, blaming current economic conditions and increased competition at the racetrack located in Shakopee, Minn.
MTR Gaming in its annual report said it lost $11.4 million in 2007 and announced Ted Arneault will step down as chairman and chief executive officer at the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win