Minnesota officials said advance deposit wagering legislation passed recently by lawmakers will provide an estimated $1.5 million in revenue that will be re-directed to horse racing and breeding in the state.
The parent company of Canterbury Park reported a smaller first-quarter profit May 13, blaming current economic conditions and increased competition at the racetrack located in Shakopee, Minn.
MTR Gaming in its annual report said it lost $11.4 million in 2007 and announced Ted Arneault will step down as chairman and chief executive officer at the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Itsinthepost Goes Long in Elkhorn Stakes
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day