Minnesota officials said advance deposit wagering legislation passed recently by lawmakers will provide an estimated $1.5 million in revenue that will be re-directed to horse racing and breeding in the state.
The parent company of Canterbury Park reported a smaller first-quarter profit May 13, blaming current economic conditions and increased competition at the racetrack located in Shakopee, Minn.
MTR Gaming in its annual report said it lost $11.4 million in 2007 and announced Ted Arneault will step down as chairman and chief executive officer at the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose