Favored Ten Most Wanted and jockey Pat Day overcame traffic trouble at the top of the stretch and got to the lead inside the eighth pole, putting away Fund Of Funds to win Saturday's $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Hawthorne Park.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Kafwain got his start on the Kentucky Derby trail off on the right foot in Saturday's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II), turning in an easy victory in a field of five 3-year-olds.
Trainer Wesley Ward replaced Jorge Chavez with Julie Krone aboard Runnin' On Nitro in Saturday's San Vicente Stakes (Gr. II) at Santa Anita.
Kafwain, who finished second to stablemate Vindication in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Oct. 26 at Arlington Park, stands out among a field of six 3-year-olds entered in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at seven furlongs.
Blahut Stables, LLC's Southern Image, who is to make his stakes debut in Saturday's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs, worked over Santa Anita's fast main track Wednesday morning. Dense fog that hovered over the track all morning prevented clockers from recording an official time.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win