Favored Ten Most Wanted and jockey Pat Day overcame traffic trouble at the top of the stretch and got to the lead inside the eighth pole, putting away Fund Of Funds to win Saturday's $500,000 Illinois Derby (gr. II) at Hawthorne Park.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Kafwain got his start on the Kentucky Derby trail off on the right foot in Saturday's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II), turning in an easy victory in a field of five 3-year-olds.
Trainer Wesley Ward replaced Jorge Chavez with Julie Krone aboard Runnin' On Nitro in Saturday's San Vicente Stakes (Gr. II) at Santa Anita.
Kafwain, who finished second to stablemate Vindication in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) on Oct. 26 at Arlington Park, stands out among a field of six 3-year-olds entered in Santa Anita's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at seven furlongs.
Blahut Stables, LLC's Southern Image, who is to make his stakes debut in Saturday's $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at seven furlongs, worked over Santa Anita's fast main track Wednesday morning. Dense fog that hovered over the track all morning prevented clockers from recording an official time.
Most Popular Stories
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose