Multiple grade II winner Smooth Air, coming off a strong second in the Metropolitan Mile (gr. I), makes his first start for trainer Chad Brown in the $250,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) at Monmouth Park July 4.
Trainer Paulo Lobo, who has done nothing but impress the few times he's raced in New York, will be relocating his stable to Belmont Park from Southern California at the end of this month.
Back on the fast track he prefers, the Florida shipper It's a Bird swept past pacemaker Jonesboro on the turn for home and left his rivals in the dust, romping to a six-length victory in the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) April 4 in Hot Springs, Ark.
Three of the main players from last month's New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) will return for the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II), a wide-open event for older horses at Oaklawn Park on April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt