Multiple grade II winner Smooth Air, coming off a strong second in the Metropolitan Mile (gr. I), makes his first start for trainer Chad Brown in the $250,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) at Monmouth Park July 4.
Trainer Paulo Lobo, who has done nothing but impress the few times he's raced in New York, will be relocating his stable to Belmont Park from Southern California at the end of this month.
Back on the fast track he prefers, the Florida shipper It's a Bird swept past pacemaker Jonesboro on the turn for home and left his rivals in the dust, romping to a six-length victory in the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) April 4 in Hot Springs, Ark.
Three of the main players from last month's New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) will return for the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II), a wide-open event for older horses at Oaklawn Park on April 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory