The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
The president of a growing account wagering service said handle declines at major winter meets aren't good for racing, and he suggested it's time for a "fragmented industry" to move forward in the best interests of its customers, racetracks, and horsemen.
Online wagering company America Tab has gained access to many of the country's premier racetracks by entering into a patent and content licensing agreement with the TV Games Network.
Miscellaneous racing industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees