The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
The president of a growing account wagering service said handle declines at major winter meets aren't good for racing, and he suggested it's time for a "fragmented industry" to move forward in the best interests of its customers, racetracks, and horsemen.
Online wagering company America Tab has gained access to many of the country's premier racetracks by entering into a patent and content licensing agreement with the TV Games Network.
Miscellaneous racing industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity