The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
- By Tom LaMarra
The president of a growing account wagering service said handle declines at major winter meets aren't good for racing, and he suggested it's time for a "fragmented industry" to move forward in the best interests of its customers, racetracks, and horsemen.
Online wagering company America Tab has gained access to many of the country's premier racetracks by entering into a patent and content licensing agreement with the TV Games Network.
Miscellaneous racing industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules