The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
The president of a growing account wagering service said handle declines at major winter meets aren't good for racing, and he suggested it's time for a "fragmented industry" to move forward in the best interests of its customers, racetracks, and horsemen.
Online wagering company America Tab has gained access to many of the country's premier racetracks by entering into a patent and content licensing agreement with the TV Games Network.
Miscellaneous racing industry news
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan