The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
- By Tom LaMarra
The president of a growing account wagering service said handle declines at major winter meets aren't good for racing, and he suggested it's time for a "fragmented industry" to move forward in the best interests of its customers, racetracks, and horsemen.
Online wagering company America Tab has gained access to many of the country's premier racetracks by entering into a patent and content licensing agreement with the TV Games Network.
Miscellaneous racing industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate