The Ohio Racing Commission was told July 17 that an investigation is underway into complaints that "there may be one or more horses running in Ohio only races that were not foaled in Ohio."
The president of a growing account wagering service said handle declines at major winter meets aren't good for racing, and he suggested it's time for a "fragmented industry" to move forward in the best interests of its customers, racetracks, and horsemen.
Online wagering company America Tab has gained access to many of the country's premier racetracks by entering into a patent and content licensing agreement with the TV Games Network.
Miscellaneous racing industry news
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer