Favorite and dual classic winner Gold Ship scored a thrilling come-from-behind tour de force in the Arima Kinen (Jpn-I), Japan's season finale and all-star race Dec. 23 at Nakayama.
Hong Kong group I winner Rulership and dual Japanese classic winner Gold Ship look to be the early favorites for the Arima Kinen (Grand Prix) (Jpn-I), the Japan's biggest race and its season finale, on Dec. 22.
Former Japanese classic winner Eishin Flash halted a lengthy winless skid on Oct. 28 when he defeated favorite Fenomeno in a thrilling finish to the $3,437,000 Tenno Sho (Autumn) (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse.
Reigning Japanese Horse of the Year Orfevre made an impressive late charge to capture the Takarazuka Kinen for his fifth grade I victory June 24 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville