"The Ruhlmann"," the sixth and final chapeau offered in the "Hats Off to the Horses: The Road to the Derby" online fashion auction of exclusive Kentucky Derby Hats, is scheduled to go on the auction block April 1.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility in Georgetown, Ky., will hold a commemorative service Memorial Day, May 31, for eight retirees that passed away in the last year.
Ruhlmann, the seven-time stakes-winning stallion and winner of the 1990 Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), died Dec. 24 at the age of 23, Old Friends owner Michael Blowen said.
Old Friends, a Thoroughbred retirement facility based near Lexington, will be featured in a segment on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric June 7th. This is the first news piece about Old Friends to appear in a national broadcast.
Ruhlmann, an eight-time stakes winner who earned better than $1.8 million, has arrived at Alfred Nuckols Jr.'s Hurstland Farm near Midway, Ky., as part of the Old Friends retirement program.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement program based in Midway, Ky., announced the arrival of Bonnie's Poker and expects the arrival of Ruhlmann in the next few days, according to president Michael Blowen.
With three straight Eclipse Awards, Brooklyn-born trainer Bobby Frankel has been the master of all he has surveyed. Last year, his runners earned more than $17.7 million and he won 14 grade I races. But one has always eluded him: the Florida Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino