No matter how hard he tried, Vancouver British Columbia Racing Hall of Fame trainer Dave Forster was not able to dissuade his oldest son from pursuing a career on the racetrack. Now Grant Forster starts Fantasy (gr. II) runner-up Rugula in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Canadian trainer Grant Forster admitted track conditions at Churchill Downs Friday morning were less than ideal after overnight rain showers, but that didn't stop him from working out probable Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rugula.
Rapidly developing Round Pond accelerated away from the leaders in upper stretch to record an impressive victory in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park for trainer John Servis and jockey Stewart Elliott.
Grade I winner Sharp Lisa, a star in Southern California this spring, heads a talented field of 3-year-old fillies in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream