No matter how hard he tried, Vancouver British Columbia Racing Hall of Fame trainer Dave Forster was not able to dissuade his oldest son from pursuing a career on the racetrack. Now Grant Forster starts Fantasy (gr. II) runner-up Rugula in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Canadian trainer Grant Forster admitted track conditions at Churchill Downs Friday morning were less than ideal after overnight rain showers, but that didn't stop him from working out probable Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rugula.
Rapidly developing Round Pond accelerated away from the leaders in upper stretch to record an impressive victory in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park for trainer John Servis and jockey Stewart Elliott.
Grade I winner Sharp Lisa, a star in Southern California this spring, heads a talented field of 3-year-old fillies in Friday's $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente