The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup announced Tuesday they had made disbursements totaling $429,809.81 from the NTRA Charities-New York Heroes Fund to Sept. 11-related charities, bringing the total amount disbursed to $4,879,809.81
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Wagering Systems Task Force, which was created to find out why total purses dropped in 2003 even though national handle increased, held its first meetings Thursday and Friday in New York City at the offices of Giuliani Partners.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Horsemen are helplessly watching an increasingly larger percentage of handle go offshore.
- By Tom LaMarra
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told The Jockey Club Round Table Sunday that the "way in which to preserve and expand horse racing as a sport is to improve its business."
- By Tom Precious
Former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will recommend a series of reforms to the racing industry in the aftermath of the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 wagering fraud, including creation of a central, nationwide authority to help oversee security issues.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Hiring New York's former mayor is not just about getting good publicity for the racing industry. Also, remembering Laddie Dance, the auctioneer.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes