The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup announced Tuesday they had made disbursements totaling $429,809.81 from the NTRA Charities-New York Heroes Fund to Sept. 11-related charities, bringing the total amount disbursed to $4,879,809.81
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Wagering Systems Task Force, which was created to find out why total purses dropped in 2003 even though national handle increased, held its first meetings Thursday and Friday in New York City at the offices of Giuliani Partners.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Horsemen are helplessly watching an increasingly larger percentage of handle go offshore.
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told The Jockey Club Round Table Sunday that the "way in which to preserve and expand horse racing as a sport is to improve its business."
Former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will recommend a series of reforms to the racing industry in the aftermath of the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 wagering fraud, including creation of a central, nationwide authority to help oversee security issues.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Hiring New York's former mayor is not just about getting good publicity for the racing industry. Also, remembering Laddie Dance, the auctioneer.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- 2014 Auctions Digest
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Canterbury Park Announces 2015 Stakes Slate
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering