Jockey Gabriel Saez was released from the University of Kentucky Medical Center the night of Oct. 15 after being injured in a spill in the 10th race that day at Keeneland.
Jockey Gabriel Saez was arrested May 10 in New Castle, Del., on a domestic incident charge. The 23-year-old rider was released later that day on $100 unsecured bond.
Ricardo Santana Jr., the leading apprentice rider in Panama, has arrived in the United States and will have his first mount Sept. 15.
In addition to being directly involved in an equine-related tragedy at Delaware Park May 26, jockey Gabriel Saez is experiencing prolonged back pain from the accident that has since kept him from participating in his livelihood.
A frightening spill at Delaware Park May 25 involving jockeys Gabriel Saez and Ricardo Chiappe ended well for both riders, who appear to be unharmed. One of the horses involved in the accident, however, Chanceofshowers, was catastrophically injured and had to be euthanized.
Ruben Munoz, agent for jockey Gabriel Saez, will also handle the book for leading rider John Velazquez at the Keeneland meet that begins April 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezes at Palm Beach
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes